[Phpmyadmin-devel] Refactoring insert-edit

Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna thilinaabeyrathna at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:37:37 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM, Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna <
thilinaabeyrathna at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>
>> Le 2012-05-14 08:50, Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna a écrit :
>> > Hi Marc,
>> > There are HTML code block from line 438 in the tbl_change.php
>> file(after my
>> > last commit [0]).  It doesn't mix with much PHP tags. It is somewhat
>> > readable.
>> > Do I need to implement several functions to render this HTML block. Can
>> you
>> > give me a suggestion..
>> >
>> > [0] -
>> >
>> https://github.com/thilinaa/phpmyadmin/commit/9d6c38daf6a98d915a34391bddb987b116be98c0
>>
>> Hi Thilina,
>> The code generating the actions_panel fieldset would benefit from being
>> refactored into one or more functions. The reason is that it's difficult
>> to understand quickly such a long code block.
>>
>> It could become
>> $html_output = PMA_getActionsPanel(...);
>>
>> Thank you for your reply Marc. I'll do like this
>

>> -----------
>>
>> By the way, did you consider using a class? Have a look at
>> libraries/Partition.class.php. Then, the calling script uses this syntax:
>>
>> $partition_names = PMA_Partition::getPartitionNames($db, $table);
>>
>> The benefit is that you don't have to bother about function name clashing.
>>
>> Thanks Marc. I'll look at that.

Hi Marc,
Now tbl_change.php script is somewhat readable and maintainable. Still
there is a long if condition in this script. but it is not a very complex
control statement . So do I need to implement a function to separate that
if condition too.

--
Regards.

Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna,