[Phpmyadmin-devel] Refactoring: Displaying query results

Chanaka Dharmarathna pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com
Sat May 19 20:49:14 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Chanaka Dharmarathna <
pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Dne Wed, 16 May 2012 21:33:17 +0530
>> Chanaka Dharmarathna <pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>>
>> > I have introduced two small functions to reduce the code repetition in
>> > PMA_getVerticalTable() function in display_tbl.lib.php file.
>> > Both functions are using the global variable $vertical_display.
>>
>> Please try to avoid using global variables, this one should be passed
>> as parameter (or it should be attribute of class which embeds
>> displaying query results).
>>
>> --
>>        Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

> Hi Michal,
>
> Thanks for pointing that.
> I'll pass them as parameters.
>

> Regards !
> --
> ____________________________________
>
> Chanaka Indrajith
> Bsc.Computer Engineering Undergraduate
> Faculty of Engineering
> University of Peradeniya
> Sri Lanka

Hi Michal,

In PMA_getTableHeaders() function in display_tbl.lib.php file, there is a
if else condition to set the variable $span.
But it seems like, $span is not used any other place in PMA.
So, I'll remove that code segment due to it's a dead code.

Regards !
--