[Phpmyadmin-devel] Refactoring: Displaying query results

Chanaka Dharmarathna pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:57:15 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Chanaka Dharmarathna <
pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Chanaka Dharmarathna <
> pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi

>>> I think you're heading in right direction - splitting the code to
>>> smaller blocks which are easy to understand always helps.
>>>
>>> I'm currently commenting some things in your commits, so let's keep
>>> this part on github.
>>>
>>> --
>>>        Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

>> Hi Michal,
>>
>> That's good to hear.
>> I put a reply in github
>>

>> Regards !
>> --
>> ____________________________________
>>
>> Chanaka Indrajith
>> Bsc.Computer Engineering Undergraduate
>> Faculty of Engineering
>> University of Peradeniya
>> Sri Lanka
>> ____________________________________
>>

> Hi Michal,
>
> I'm going to change my plans little bit.
> At the moment I think the most prioritized task is to make the
> display_tbl.lib.php file as a PHP class.
> So, if there is no matter of that, I'll involve with this task in this
> week (In my third week).
>

> Regards !
> --
> ____________________________________
>
> Chanaka Indrajith
> Bsc.Computer Engineering Undergraduate
> Faculty of Engineering
> University of Peradeniya
> Sri Lanka
> ____________________________________

Hi Michal,

I have a plan on introducing Display class instead of the set of global
functions inside the display_tbl.lib.php file.

Currently the only function which used by the outsiders is PMA_getTable().
And the only outside file accessed this function is sql.php file.

With the Display class,
All fields and methods other that getTable() method are keep as private.
To remove the use of global fields in every function, instance variables
are used and they are initialized by a separate function which is inside
the getTable() method. For initializing them Global variables are used.

I have documented the rough plan about my design in my blog [0].
The design for this should also be extend with the future plans of PMA.
So I'm waiting to hear your comments and suggestions to create a solid
design.

[0] :
http://chanakaindrajith.blogspot.com/2012/05/design-for-display-class-of-pma.html

Regards !