[Phpmyadmin-devel] Replacing Highcharts

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue May 22 14:23:24 CEST 2012

Le 2012-05-22 06:57, Tyron Madlener a écrit :
>>  Still I have no idea what all use cases we need to cover.
>
> Quite some, I think. I just checked the code, here's what I found:
>
> Most critical:
> - Live update feature of chart data. I didn't see any such feature on the
> jqplot examples page. (see main loop for refreshing charts in the monitor:
> http://bit.ly/JthtMk)
> - Chart value transformation callback that supplies the current and last
> value to be displayed. This is needed e.g. for CPU-Linux usage (see
> http://bit.ly/MCWSos)

Hi Tyron,
we are removing Highcharts in 3.5.x; the plan is to finish for 3.5.2,
keeping the same feature set as 3.5.1, although I seem to be alone in
this adventure.

Currently, our best bet is jqplot. Have a look at this tree to see what
I've done so far, for
- query profiling
- zoom search
https://github.com/lem9/phpmyadmin/commits/QA_3_5-jqplot

As I said on this list, the jqplot author said that we can do real-time
plotting, but without the sliding animation. I guess we'll have to be
content with this.