[Phpmyadmin-devel] Refactoring: Displaying query results

Chanaka Dharmarathna pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com
Wed May 23 09:18:28 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Dne Tue, 22 May 2012 22:37:47 +0530
> Chanaka Dharmarathna <pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
> > On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com
> >wrote:
> > > BTW, what about extending our existing PMA_Table class? I'm not sure
> how
> > > good of an idea it is, so I'm just throwing it out there...
>
> I don't think this would be useful, this class should care less about
> table (actually should be table independent) and more oriented on
> displaying results.
>
> > Thanks for participating to this discussion and share your valuable
> > suggestions.
> >
> > As I remember Michal has already suggested to not to use an object of
> this
> > case.
> > And use PMA_Display::someFunction where needed.
> > Thats why I focused on static fields and behaviors.
>
> Well it was just a naming condition, you should really make that
> object, get parameters in constructor. So basically Rouslans example is
> what I would expect.
>
> > The constructor of the function only executed, if create an object of a
> > class. (I think your code trying to say create an object, new keyword is
> > missing there).
> > So I don't think to get the use of a constructor. That's why I'm using a
> > function for initialize instance variables.
> >
> > I'm agreed to use more meaningful name. It is better if we can name it as
> > PMA_DisplayTable .
>
> PMA_DisplayResults might be better. Please remember this should not be
> about displaying tables but results of any SQL query - results of
> stored procedure, browsing SQL processes or displaying binary log.
>
> --
>        Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

Hi Michal,

I was thinking of get the use of this class by using an object as in my
proposal [0].
But, I had misunderstood your comment about creating an object.
That's why I looked into this way.
Any way it's a mistake by me.

Thanks for getting me into the right track soon.
I'll introduce the new design of the class as soon as possible.

[0] :
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/chanaka777/1

Regards !
--