[Phpmyadmin-devel] cleaning up mixed html and php

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 12:00:32 CEST 2012

2012/9/5 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Michal Čihař a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> Dne Tue, 4 Sep 2012 20:51:17 +0200
>> Dieter Adriaenssens <dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>>
>>> It generates a lot of codingstyle errors : too long lines, wrong
>>> indentation, ...
>>> it is badly structured and thus difficult to read and to be honest, is ugly.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of starting to clean it up towards 4.0, using either
>>> echo's or assigning the output html to a string and add it to the
>>> appropriate Response class method.
>>
>> Definitely this would help making our code base easier to read, so go
>> ahead :-).
>
> I'm ok for clean up, however it makes maintenance less easy. We are
> still supposed to fix bugs in QA_3_5 and port them to master.

True, but this also applies to code that is affected by the GSoC
refactoring projects. And there the impact is even bigger. In removing
the mix of html and php, functionality is not changed, the code is
restructured a bit. In the end maintaining the code will be easier
because it is better structured and better readable.

BTW : I believe it was a goal of 4.0 to refactor and cleanup the code,
so this seems like a good opportunity to do this now. ;)

--
Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens