[Phpmyadmin-devel] PMA_CommonFunctions

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 09:50:03 CEST 2012

2012/9/17 Chanaka Dharmarathna <pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com>:
> Hi Dieter,
>
>> > Hi Michal,
>> >
>> > I did related modifications on converting PMA_CommonFunctions class to a
>> > static class. Now that class has renamed as PMA_Util. My pull request
>> > can be
>> > found at [0].
>> >
>> > [0] : https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/91
>>
>> Patches look good (apart from a cosmetic remark, see comment in
>> gituhub), OK for me to merge.
>

> First, thanks for reviewing it soon. :)
> I feel I need more clarification on the comment before doing modifications.
> Are you mentioning about the new lines just after starting brace of
> functions (all functions) ?
> In my point, I feel if any function have very few lines (less than 10 or
> like that), no need of empty line at the just after starting brace of that
> function. But for others the empty line will help to improve readability.

I don't think there is need for an empty line after the opening brace
of a function, in any case.
The newline + indent should be enough to make it readable. I don't see
why starting with a blank line for longer functions would improve
readability. (I'm not talking about blank lines further along the
function to group statements and thus add structure and improve
readability and overview)

> Please let me know am I misunderstood your point. And if I modify this, do I
> need to again make a pull request as I did before ? (That was my first pull
> request :) )

As Michal said, just push any commits to your branch and it will be
added to your current pull request.

--
Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens