[Phpmyadmin-devel] Newbie Doubt : How to upload the patch

ayush choubey ayush.choubey at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 12:29:24 CEST 2013

Hey Guys,
I was going through some bug report and saw this one #3865
https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/3865/

which i thought can be fixed by me. So i added few lines of code in my
phpmyadmin(running on localhost) and that fix seems to be working just
fine. Now i wanted to add that patch in the original phpmyadmin(the one in
github) but i don't know the procedure.
As i am pretty new to github and patching bugs(it's the first fix ), so i
don't know the procedure of uploading the patch.

In my earlier attempts i tried cloning phpmyadmin frfound can be fixedom
github using

git clone git at github.com:phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin.git

but then a message comes that server has refused my connection.

So, then i cloned using
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin.git

but it seems like it gives me Read only Access.

So i would like to know how could i upload that patch. Do i have to take
some kind of permission?