[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC date clarification

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 17:48:44 CEST 2013

2013/4/9 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> A potential student approached me on IRC with a question about the
>> deadlines listed in the Applicant Guide on the wiki.
>>
>> The phrase "The deadline for considering your contributions is week
>> before proposals ranking deadline, so that we can use this as one of
>> options to evaluate proposals." is a bit confusing -- which deadline is
>> meant? I interpret that as the May 24 date listed further down the page
>> in the section "Be familiar with the GSoC timeline" -- but there, the
>> deadline for contributions is listed as May 10, which is two weeks, not
>> one. So could someone clarify what is meant here?
>
> I suggest to rephrase as "In addition to the deadlines imposed by
> Google, the mentoring team adds another one, which happens after the one
> for student applications. We want to evaluate student patches as part of
> our student ranking process."

How about this :

"In addition to the Google deadline for the submission of your project
proposal/application, the deadline for submitting your patch(es) is a
week later (see GSoC timeline below). We will evaluate student patches
as part of our student ranking process."

--
Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens