[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC Project - AJAX Error Reporting

Abhishek Kandoi abhikandoi2000 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 14:38:26 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am a first year undergraduate at IIT Roorkee.
I saw the list of proposed projects for GSoC 2013 and I am really
interested to work on the project idea of AJAX Error Reporting as I have
worked on a few projects based on JavaScript AJAX and was really excited
about it.

I have been working with JavaScript and jQuery since 2 years and I consider
myself as having a good working knowledge of it. I am really excited about
this project and would like to contribute.

I recently developed a simple yet elegant todo web application using AJAX,
the source code for which can be found
here<http://github.com/abhikandoi2000/flowork>
.

For the Error Reporting part I would like to suggest the following ideas:
1). Using JSON for the data-exchange b/w the server and client.
2). Encryption of sensitive information for protection from eavesdropping.
3). Authentication to confirm that the request is made by a valid user.

I was also thinking of a webpage to visualize the amount of
errors occurred over a period of time. As in this can include graphs
helping the user to identify amount of errors occurred over time and also a
log list of errors in chronological order.

Please comment to let me know if these features would be helpful to the
phpMyAdmin project.

It would be helpful if you could provide me with some details about how to
proceed further for GSoC .

Abhishek Kandoi