[Phpmyadmin-devel] Get some details about Refactoring: Designer/schema integration project idea

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu Apr 18 08:40:32 CEST 2013

Hi Shamira

Dne Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:28:29 +0530
Shamika Dharmasiri <shamikadineshdha at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> Hi Michal,
> I'm interested in participating next GSOC with this idea.But I couldn't get
> a clear idea by reading this.
> http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2013_Ideas_List#Refactoring:_Designer.2Fschema_integration
>
> I have following problems
> 1.What you have mean with these in the project description?(designer and
> schema (export) feature).

I mean these two:

Schema editor (you might need to create page and choose it to edit):

http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/master-config/schema_edit.php?db=menagerie

Designer:

http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/master-config/pmd_general.php?db=menagerie

>    - Reduce huge duplication of code in schema handling
>
> {
> This can be overcome with using proper refactoring
> }
>
> Can you tell me what are the areas which need to be refactored in this
> project it will be easy to be familiar with this project.I guess I'm pretty
> familiar with code refactoring and the techniques which uses.

Mostly it's libraries/schema and pmd_* files.

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.net