[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC Proposal Advice

Ayush Chaudhary ayushchd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 18:13:23 CEST 2013

Hi

On Friday, 19 April 2013 at 7:07 PM, Michal Čihař wrote:

> Hi
>
> Dne Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:57:42 +0530
> Ayush Chaudhary <ayushchd at gmail.com (mailto:ayushchd at gmail.com)> napsal(a):
>
> > As I am looking to apply for the Automated Testing project this year, I was trying to make a first draft of my proposal here. I had a few questions regarding the same:
> >
> > 1. What aspects of automation and CI would be involved as most of the automated scripts seem to have been done already. Sure, along the way if we feel the need for modifying or adding something, that would be fine. But just wanted to make sure if there are any specific tasks involved here which I could mention in my proposal?
>
> The only automation part we miss is Selenium setup on our CI server.

Okay. So here is what I think what would be required:

1. Install Selenium Server (if not already installed)
2. Configure Jenkins for Selenium which includes installing Selenium plugin and configuring the VM nodes.
3. I think this is done, but it would be to add the <selenium> directive to phpunit.xml

> > 2. Regarding the project schedule, I was wondering if pin-pointing a specific code coverage percentage is a good idea? The aim would surely would be to maximise the code coverage, but the nature of this project is such that a pre determined percentage could be far from accurate in the final deliverables. That said, if there is a specific code coverage level the team would like to be reached, I would like to know.
>

> Targeting exact coverage is always tricky, but it's up to you how you
> will structure your proposal.
>
> > Right now, the two major tasks that the project seems to involve are:
> >
> > 1. Adding more unit tests
> > 2. Adding more selenium tests
> >

> Yes, that's basically it.
>
> --