[Phpmyadmin-devel] [GSoC] Own Idea

Paweł Lampe scony at sconysoft.com
Fri Apr 19 22:18:09 CEST 2013

W dniu 19.04.2013 21:17, Marc Delisle pisze:
> Paweł Lampe a écrit :
>> Howdy subscribers !
>>
>> I would like to participate google summer of code and I am looking for
>> something interesting to fit in.
>> I think about phpMyAdmin feature. However the idea is not listed, so I
>> would like to discuss it here.
>>
>> I would like to know is the idea below reasonable or is it rather
>> material for new independent project.
>>
>> In few words: self-generating admin panel for casual user.
>>
>> Well, phpMyAdmin is dedicated for super-users. It's obvious and I hope
>> it 'll never change. But imagine a mode of phpMyAdmin that is dedicated
>> to end-users that are just websites owners but no coders.
>>
>> What I mean ? Let's say I am a website programmer. I am creating simple
>> website php + MySQL etc. I am writing code for client that is not
>> familiar with any code.
>> My goals are:
>> 1. create DB structure
>> 2. create website
>> 3. create admin panel
>>
>> 1&  2 are interesting while 3 is not. But wait a minute. Why should I
>> create admin panel ? Maybe phpMyAdmin is enough ? Indeed. But it's too
>> complicated for simple human being. It's also static. It bases just on
>> databes.
>>
>> I think phpMyAdmin + some heuristic knowledge about DB = pretty and
>> usefull panel for site-admins that are just managing contents
>>
>> Gate to this simplified feature may be just phpMyAdmin user/password.
>> Let's say after sign in programmer will see phpMyAdmin as-it-is today,
>> while site admin (not programmer) will see clear and simple admin-panel.
>>
>> How about ?
> Hi,
> is this more or less described here?
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/316/

Some way yes. But there is only idea to hide some features (it's all
about frontend).
My mind is a bit further. Let's hide some ok, but make programmer able
to prepare panel for casual user. Lets say SQL table has password field.
I would like to configure casual-user panel to know, that when user
inserts a row, password=md5(salt + login). So user just inserts row, and
dont care logic that is over SQL.