[Phpmyadmin-devel] ready for MAINT_4_0_0 ?

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Apr 25 12:54:11 CEST 2013

Le 2013-04-25 01:46, Dieter Adriaenssens a écrit :
> 2013/4/25 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>:
>> Hi
>>
>> Dne Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:46:57 -0700
>> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>>
>>> I would like to start this branch soon (tomorrow). This would mean that
>>> we are very ready for 4.0.0, barring a serious problem that comes up
>>> from 4.0.0-rc3.
>>>
>>> This way, we could switch QA_4_0 to 4.0.1-dev and start merging to it
>>> fixes for bugs that are not show-stoppers for a 4.0.0.
>>
>> I agree to open this branch.
>
> Me too.

Here are more details, especially for our newer developers and potential
GSoC students.

The MAINT_4_0_0 branch is now open; let's discuss on this list before
merging to it any fix, to avoid disruption of the upcoming 4.0.0.

QA_4_0 now targets 4.0.1, the first bugfix release after 4.0.0.

As usual, the master branch is for new development, for a future version
tentatively called 4.1.