[Phpmyadmin-devel] Designer troubles

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 17:00:45 CEST 2013

Thanks Marc for the tips, however I had been clearing my cache. This was with
master, 4.0.5, and 4.0.0. However, I was able to isolate the problem. The short
version is this:

When creating InnoDB relations, MySQL requires both the foreign and referenced
keys to be INDEXed. I had mistakenly forgot to INDEX my foreign key. That's
apparently what caused the problem. I still think there's a shortcoming with PMA
in this regard because there should be a user-friendly notice
displayed (probably
we are trying to using some depreciated function, which is why I imagine the new
page opens), but I haven't taken the time to look at this yet in detail.