[Phpmyadmin-devel] trouble with StackOverflow???

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Aug 27 12:28:58 CEST 2013

Le 2013-08-27 03:43, Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Dne Sun, 25 Aug 2013 20:23:40 -0400
> Isaac Bennetch <bennetch at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
>> Here's the first question[1] I've see flagged as off topic. I'm closely
>> monitoring the situation (not just that question, but the moderation
>> overall) to see if StackOverflow is going to let us down.
>>
>> 1 -
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18429916/accessing-phpmyadmin-remotely
>
> In this particular case I thin we would have sent people elsewhere as
> well as it's not really a phpMyAdmin issue.
>
> However in case we see this might be a problem, it might be reason for
> postponing disabling of mailing list and web forum for some time...

I don't see this case as representative of a bigger problem. Anyway, we
are not deleting anything on September 1st, we're just moderating the
-users mailing list (so that no message goes to it) and marking the
forums as being viewable by the team only.

So I would not postpone our decision, based on this case only.