[Phpmyadmin-devel] DCO and signing off commits

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Dec 4 09:11:34 CET 2013

Hi all

I've just merged Developer Certificate of Origin written for us by
Conservancy:

https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/master/DCO

Please read these and confirm your certification to the above by adding
the Signed-off-by line to your commits (git commit -s does that).

I've also written a small script, which will check every pull request
to contain Signed-off-by lines, so that pull requests without these
will get build failure from Travis.

The reason for this is that we need to transition towards
GPLv2-or-later to be license compatible with some libraries we include
and this way we can identify code which is already agreed to be
GPLv2-or-later.