[Phpmyadmin-devel] New Contributor, need advice

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 16:13:29 CET 2013

Hello Arora,

On 12/5/13 9:33 AM, Lakshit Arora wrote:
> Hello all,
> My name is Lakshit Arora, I am a 3rd year undergrad student at IIIT,
> Hyderabad. Although, its a bit early, but I looking to participate in
> GSOC 2014. I want to contribute towards phpMyAdmin. I have browsed the
> bug tracker, it would be really helpful if you could assign some simple
> bug to start with, to me. Please guide me so that I can deliver my best
> to phpMyAdmin
>
> Thanks,
> Lakshit Arora

Welcome to the mailing list. Have you seen the wiki? Of particular
interest would be some of the links for last year's GSoC[1], since not
everything has been updated for this year[2].

I think the best thing to do would be to look through the bug[3] and
feature request[4] trackers to see if any of those tasks seem like
something you feel comfortable working on.

1 - http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Category:Google_Summer_of_Code_2013
2 - http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Category:Google_Summer_of_Code_2014
3 - http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/
4 - http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/