[Phpmyadmin-devel] Help in resolving bug #4154

Lakshit Arora lakshitarora26 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 13:49:07 CET 2013

Hello all,
I am trying to fix the bug
https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4154/. I have few
observations regarding this:
if you do

SELECT * FROM `sortunion1`UNIONSELECT * FROM `sortunion2`

what I think is that when you are trying to query the above one it
transforms it into query as follows

SELECT * FROM `sortunion1`
UNION
SELECT * FROM `sortunion2`  ORDER BY `sortunion2`.`id` DESC
 LIMIT 0, 25

but instead if it transforms the same query as

SELECT * FROM `sortunion1`
UNION
(SELECT * FROM `sortunion2`  ORDER BY `sortunion2`.`id` DESC )
 LIMIT 0, 25

Then there won't be any issue.

Please tell me whether my understanding is correct or not. If yes,then
I would like to take up the bug, else please suggest if there is any
mistake in my approach.

Thanks,

Lakshit Arora