[Phpmyadmin-devel] problem in _ajaxResponse() ?

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Dec 9 22:03:43 CET 2013

Marc Delisle a écrit :
> Hi Rouslan,
>
> I'm trying to debug a case where clicking on SQL does not bring the SQL
> panel. Firebug shows me that the call to db_sql.php returns a null value
> in message.
>
> I found how to trigger this behavior: having a public bookmark whose
> label contains a character like "é". This server runs PHP 5.3.25.
>
> I think it happens because json_encode() is not happy with the content.
> I have read on http://php.net/json_encode that this function expects
> string data to be UTF-8 encoded.
>
> I have tried to use utf8_encode() on the results of $this->_getDisplay()
> before assigning it to $this->_JSON['message'] but it produces mangled
> HTML on my SQL page.
>
> Any hint?

It might be because my PMA__bookmark table contains old bookmarks which,
in a prior version, stored these accented characters as is in the label.
I tried creating a bookmark and with the current version, the label
contains the equivalent encoded character.

http://infomarc.info | http://phpmyadmin.net