[Phpmyadmin-devel] Deprecating the mysql extension

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Dec 12 12:25:35 CET 2013

Hi,
yesterday at our team meeting, we decided that for the 4.2 version, we
would tell users that the mysql extension is deprecated, and we would
remove support for it in the 4.3 version.

I would like to go further (for 4.2), to better help our users:

- remove the $cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] directive
- always try to load mysqli
- if this fails, try to load mysql
-- if this fails, give up (like we currently do)
-- if this works, display a strong message explaining that this
extension is no longer recommended and will be deprecated in the next
version

Comments?

http://infomarc.info | http://phpmyadmin.net