[Phpmyadmin-devel] New contributor, need advice.

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 10:01:04 CET 2013

2013/2/5 Ayush Chaudhary <ayushchd at gmail.com>:
> Thank you Marc.
>
> Yes, I think I should be adding unit tests as well. Actually, I read
> somewhere only students who have submitted patches would be considered for
> GSoC, hence I was keen to do a few quick contributions and then once I was
> eligible,  completely devote my time on Unit Testing.

Hi,

We consider new Unit/Selenium Tests as a valid patch. Certainly if you
plan to apply for the automated testing GSoC project. Providing
working unit tests shows us that you understand this.
Have a look at the code coverage reports [0] to find untested code.

Of course, you are free to submit other patches (fixing bugs/adding
features) as well, if that helps you to get familiar with the code.
But emphasize on writing tests.

[0] http://ci.phpmyadmin.net/job/phpMyAdmin/cloverphp

--
Kind regards,