[Phpmyadmin-devel] Git error

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Wed Feb 6 18:44:21 CET 2013

On 02/06/2013 04:42 PM, Dieter Adriaenssens wrote:
> 2013/2/6 Shamika Dharmasiri <shamikadineshdha at gmail.com>:
>> Hi ,
>> I'm getting error occuers while executing, "git push origin master"
>>
>> C:\Users\Shamika\phpmyadmin>git push origin master
>> fatal: remote error:
>>    You can't push to git://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin.git
>>    Use git at github.com:phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin.git
>> What may be the reason for this?
>
> You probably don't have commit access to the phpmyadmin repo on github.
>
> You should create a fork of the phpmyadmin repo on github [0][1],
> commit your changes to it and create a pull request [2].
> One of the developers will review it, comment it (if necessary) or
> merge it with the phpmyadmin git repo.
>
> [0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Git#Forking_on_Github
> [1] https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo
> [2] https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests

Run the following:

git remote set-url origin git at github.com:shamika050/phpmyadmin.git
git remote set-url upstream https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin.git

Then "origin" will refer to your repo and "upstream" will refer to our
repo. Afterwards, you will be able to pull from "upstream" and push to
"origin".

Bye,
Rouslan