[Phpmyadmin-devel] cannot update forked repo

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Sat Feb 9 13:20:09 CET 2013

On 02/09/2013 11:39 AM, Dulanja Wijethunga wrote:
> thanks Rouslan ....but you mentioned that origin is my repo and
> upstream is pma repo
> But I want to clarify more about it
> what did you mean by my repo and pma repo  ?
> my repo = repository in my local machine not forked repository
> pma repo = original repository that under this link
> (https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin.git)
>                 is that you mean?
>
> but I cloned PMA under forked repository (https://github.com/<my user
> name>/phpmyadmin.git)
>
> so then upstream is that forked repo and origin is local repo....isn't it?
>
> thanks and regards

Your repo = origin = your fork on github
Pma repo = upstream = https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin.git

You will be interacting with both from your local copy. You fetch from
upstream (new changes from other developers), then you push to origin.
That way your fork will be up-to-date with changes in upstream.

Bye,
Rouslan