[Phpmyadmin-devel] Interested In refactoring projects(Gsoc)

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Feb 14 17:55:49 CET 2013

Shamika Dharmasiri a écrit :
> Hi,
> I read the idea list that has published.And I like to join with the
> refactoring projects in this GSOC.Specially, the idea of
> "Refactoring: SQL executor, Column's structure manipulation" .I
> would like to know the defects  or some issues which I can familiar on
> those areas/files.
> Thank you

Shamika,
thanks for your interest. I'll probably be mentoring this project.

Note that code refactoring [0] is not about fixing the defects, it's
supposed to improve the internal structure without changing the
behavior. Of course, if a bug is found during the refactoring, it's a
good idea to fix it.

So, right now, you should be doing [1]. Also, you can see what was done
with the refactoring projects of last year [2], observing the history of
changes on github.com in the repositories of these students.

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_refactoring

[1]
http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2013_Applicant_Guide#Get_involved_with_phpMyAdmin

[2] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2012_Projects