[Phpmyadmin-devel] ready for 4.0.0-alpha1 ?

Alex M alex.ukf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:19:15 CET 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2013-01-12 09:46, Alex M a écrit :
> > On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Alex M <alex.ukf at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Marc, I am running on a 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04.01 with
> >> Google Chrome 24.0.1312.52.
> >>

> > Ubuntu Desktop *
>
> With the same Ubuntu as yours, running in a VM of 1024 MB RAM, I have no
> problem with Chrome and current master (without Madhura's patch).

My problem in Chrome appears in
libraries/OutputBuffering.class.php, line 93.

    /**
     * This function will need to run at the top of all pages if output
     * output buffering is turned on.  It also needs to be passed $mode
     * from the PMA_outBufferModeGet() function or it will be useless.
     *
     * @return void
     */
87   public function start()
88    {
89        if (! $this->_on) {
90            if ($this->_mode) {                     // does not enter here
91              ob_start('ob_gzhandler');
92            }
               // echo "test"; -> shows a message
93            ob_start();
               // echo "test"; -> fails to print anything
94            if (! defined('TESTSUITE')) {
                header('X-ob_mode: ' . $this->_mode);
            }
            register_shutdown_function('PMA_OutputBuffering::stop');
            $this->_on = true;
        }
    }

As a side note, in /etc/php5/apache2filter/php.ini, I have defined:
output_buffering = 4096.
Commenting out ob_start(); shows [1] instead of a blank page, but
it still has the same errors.

I've found an article from January 3rd 2013 mentioning a similar
problem in Chrome here [2], but it's not exactly the same.

[1] http://postimage.org/image/42gxhby4z/full/
[2]
http://code.stephenmorley.org/php/google-chrome-blank-white-page-bug/#contentlength

--