[Phpmyadmin-devel] 4 ?

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 00:00:33 CET 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM, rushan priyadarshana
<rushan99999 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in contributing for any opensource project.So please tell me
> how to join with any opensource project.

Hi,

Rouslan did an excellent job of pointing you to some of the resources
for contributing code to phpMyAdmin. There are many other ways you can
get involved; if you know phpMyAdmin you can help offer user support
in IRC, you could offer suggestions for improving the documentation,
or of course fixing existing bug reports or feature requests is a good
way to contribute actual code.

> This is the first time i posted in a mailing list.That,s why i had erased all the threads of others.

On this list in particular and most mailing lists in general, we use
threading extensively to keep conversations in context. Hitting
"reply" to an existing message puts that reply in the conversation,
even if you erase all the text from the message body. This isn't
obvious if you're not using a threaded mail client. Anyway, in that
case it's better to start a new message to the mailing list, rather
than replying to an existing message. Since it's your first experience
on a mailing list, I'll also mention that we also use inline quoting
of messages, which you can see in my reply here, which basically only
takes a relevant portion of the original message, rather than quoting
the entire message in the reply. If you're interested in reading more
about that, wikipedia has a lengthy article:

Anyway, welcome.
~isaac