[Phpmyadmin-devel] New ticket trackers

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Jan 23 14:44:42 CET 2013

Hi all

I've just spent some time to adjust settings of new trackers on sf.net.
I also think we could change more, but that's where I'd like to hear
your opinion.

Changes done:

- reenabled mail notifications to mailing lists
- adjusted themes tracker to reduce number of states:
	- open - new issue
	- assigned - somebody is working on that
	- closed - theme was accepted
	- rejected - theme was rejected
- removed priority and group from themes tracker

I think similar simplification would be useful for other trackers as
well, my proposals:

Patches tracker

- states:
	- open - new issue
	- assigned - somebody is working on that
	- fixed - patch accepted, waiting for release
	- closed - patch accepted and in release
	- rejected - patch was rejected
- remove priority
- remove group (does this ever has usable value when reported?)

Features tracker

- states:
	- open - new issue
	- assigned - somebody is working on that
	- fixed - feature implemented, waiting for release
	- closed - feature implemented and in release
	- rejected - feature was rejected
- remove priority (voting is more useful here IMHO)
- remove group (I think it was also not much used)

Bug tracker

- states:
	- open - new issue
	- assigned - somebody is working on that
	- fixed - feature implemented, waiting for release
	- closed - feature implemented and in release
	- rejected - feature was rejected
- rename group to Version and make it free text field, this anyway in
  most cases just informational field
- add milestone field, which will record version where the bug has been
  fixed or is scheduled to be fixed
- are we using priority here for anything else than indicating fixed
  but not yet released issues? If not, it should be dropped.

Please share your comments.

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.net