[Phpmyadmin-devel] New ticket trackers

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:16:41 CET 2013

2013/1/24 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>:
> Hi
>
> Dne Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:11:59 +0100
> Dieter Adriaenssens <dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
>> I was assuming milestones were shared between trackers, but they are
>> not, unfortunately.
>> Maintaining this would mean triple work... :s
>> If there would be an api to create milestones, we could script it on
>> the release of a new version, but there is not. [0]
>
> Or maybe it would be better to have just one tracker and identify type
> by tags or special field?

Sounds good, the handling of all those (bugs, feature requests,
patches) follows the same workflow, so setting up (and maintaining) 3
identical trackers is not efficient. Having bugs and feature requests
in the same tracker makes sense. Each type having a different
tag/category.
Adding patches to the same tracker can be a bit confusing at first,
but then again, since our repo is on github, we receive most patches
as a pull request, anyway.

--
Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens