[Phpmyadmin-devel] PHP 5.2 anyone?

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 00:21:36 CET 2013

2013/1/25 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Hi,
> can a developer running PHP 5.2 try to reproduce this bug [0] ?
>
> [0] https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/3783/

I'm running 5.3.*, so I cannot test it, but of what I've read about
changes in PHP 5.3 and what I know of classes and static methods, the
way it is implemented and used in transformations and
DisplayResults.class.php is a bit of a mess.

A mix of strings, methods, methodnames and class instances is assigned
to $transformation_plugin, so you can never be sure if it is an class
instance or something else.
Replacing the :: with -> should do the trick, because there is already
a check if $transformation_plugin is an instanciated class (type =
object)

I've fixed the changes in commits d53f984a71 and 688642560d

--
Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens