[Phpmyadmin-devel] Problems with master

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 16:55:21 CEST 2013

On 7/9/13 12:43 PM, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Le 2013-07-09 12:10, Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
>> On 7/3/13 1:04 PM, Isaac Bennetch wrote:
>>> Hi, since commit 37d142bc, where Michal removed compatibility code for
>>> PHP 5.2, I seem to have problems with phpMyAdmin.
>>>
>>> The page displays approximately correctly, but there are no databases
>>> listed and, aside from the navigation menu at the top of the screen
>>> and error messages, the main page has no content.
>>>
>>> The demo server seems to be under extremely heavy load, so I'm unable
>>> to test whether it's just me. I'm using PHP 5.3.3-7+squeeze15.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> With a bit more research, I'm finding that I don't always get error
>> messages, but I never get a display of databases or any useful
>> interface. Is this something anyone thinks we should investigate further
>> or should I just upgrade my system to the more modern Wheezy and forget
>> about it? My Squeeze install is rather outdated, despite having PHP
>> 5.3.3 and Apache 2.2.16; I certainly don't need to make a big deal about
>> this.
>>

> Hi Isaac,
> can you double-check that when you go back to the commit just before
> 37d142bc, then open a fresh navigator, all is fine?

Yes, I just did confirm and see the following:
0f3754a works okay
0f3754a is broken for me

The degree of brokenness seems to vary depending on a few factors (what
URL I load, what I've configured as my auth_type, etc) -- the three
options I've seen are:

1) completely blank browser,
2) Menu structure (navigation area links for documentation, logout, etc
and main page tab structure) but no databases available and no
error/warning messages, or
3) Same as (2) but with errors/warning messages.

I've seen the problem on two similar Debian Squeeze systems that are
different machines but running the same general configuration.

Additionally, I can confirm that when I update a system to Wheezy, which
has PHP 5.4.4, MySQL 5.3.31, and Apache 2.2.2. As a reminder, the broken
installs had PHP 5.3.3, MySQL 5.1.66, and Apache 2.2.16.

My system works, I have no problem updating to Wheezy, but I can keep
the system running if we want to do more troubleshooting. It's up to the
group to decide if this is worth looking in to.

Thanks again