[Phpmyadmin-devel] About the configurable menus

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed Jul 10 23:36:40 CEST 2013

Le 2013-07-10 15:42, Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
> Hi Kasun,
>
> I may be missing it, but in your recent work[1] is there a way to see
> which users are in a usergroup?
>
> Perhaps an additional link from the Action column of the User groups
> area of the Users page with the text "View users" or something????
>
> Copying the phpmyadmin-devel list to see if others think this would be
> useful and get input on the location/label of the link.
>
> 1 - https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/484

I agree with Isaac's suggestion and I add a few more:

- As the group to which belongs a user is not related to her privileges,
move the "User group" dialog from the "Edit Privileges" page to the
"Users overview" page, next to the Action dialog. This way, we can
quickly see to which group a user belongs and we can change it.

- When entering Users, have a sub-menu with "Users overview" and "User
group", similar to what we see in table Search. "Users overview" would
be open by default. Otherwise, the "User group" dialog will be more
difficult to notice.