[Phpmyadmin-devel] simplified error report

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 16:38:12 CEST 2013

I am collecting a lot of info about the configuration when an
exception occurs to store in the report. it however is mostly useless
except to help when trying to reproduce the problem. so I am thinking
of offering 2 views for the report.

one shows the most important info which is simplified such as browser
name and major version only rather than the entire browser version. it
allows me to show a lot of info about the various configurations of
the reports of the same bug.

The other view will be a pure json one. it will be pretty printed to
be easier to read but mostly I will depend on the beautifier plugins
in the browser to help navigate the complex json object such as [0]
and [1]

The main info I will show in the html view would be the pma versions
affected, browser, error name and message as well as a stack trace. I
will also show links to the json view as well as all the reports that
have been marked as related

[0]https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chklaanhfefbnpoihckbnefhakgolnmc
[1]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/jsonview/