[Phpmyadmin-devel] Access control for the error reporting server

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 11:45:17 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Dieter Adriaenssens
<dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/7/19 Mohamed Ashraf <mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com>:
>> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>>> Hi

>>> The error report should not contain anything private, so I'd go with
>>> completely open access. Something like http://oops.kernel.org/
>>
>> do you want complete access to submit reports to the sourceforge
>> ticket system as well as changing the report status as well as marking
>> reports as related.
>
> I'd say yes here, following Michal's example of kernel bugs.
> I'm a bit reluctant regarding the submission into the soruceforge
> tracker, as it might get flooded, if people start pushing their error
> reports without checking if they are related/identical to other
> reports.
we can use github authentication so as to add a small barrier to this
step. The user doesn't need to have commit access but just have some
login credentials with github. we will use his public github profile
info to get his name so it may help us with logging who did the
submission into sourceforge.

>But that said, I don't think users will go through the effort
> of going to the error-reporting website and start soring and pushing
> reports.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Dieter Adriaenssens