[Phpmyadmin-devel] source forge milestones for error reports

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 16:21:34 CEST 2013

Currently souceforge does not offer an api to get the list of
milestones that are available to a bug ticket. So for the bug report
submission I have 3 choices. the first is just to leave the milestone
field blank and it appears as "milestone none" in the issue tracker.
the second is to allow the submitter to write down (not select) the
milestone at the time of submission. this milestone has to match one
of the milestones in the project otherwise a validation error is
returned. The third would be to submit a bogus report with a wrong
milestone. The error returned has within the message the list of
milestones available. I may be able to use regular expressions to get
the list of milestones.

The problems with the last approach is that one it is a hack, two is
that I would have to do a bogus ticket submission every time I need
the list of milestones which changes every release and three is that
if sourceforge changes the way the error string is returned there is
going to be a problem.
--
Mohamed Ashraf