[Phpmyadmin-devel] repeated code in Version check

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 21:49:22 CEST 2013

I pulled master lately and I found that Michal Čihař has refactored
the code that requests the latest version info. I needed to update a
few things specifically with the renaming of the proxy variable names.

Anyway I noticed a strange piece of code in the function:

        if ($save) {
            $_SESSION['cache']['version_check'] = array(
                'response' => $response,
                'timestamp' => time()
            );
        }

        $data = json_decode($response);
        if (is_object($data)
            && strlen($data->version)
            && strlen($data->date)
        ) {
            if ($save) {
                $_SESSION['cache']['version_check'] = array(
                    'response' => $response,
                    'timestamp' => time()
                );
            }
        }

why is the part that saves the response in the cache written twice in
succession. I looked at the commit in question dcd8d12cf6c4a345 and
noticed that the first repetition did not exist in the original code.

I think that the first repetition should be removed but I thought I
should run it by you first

--
Mohamed Ashraf