[Phpmyadmin-devel] webbrowser support

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 02:20:29 CEST 2013

I was reading about webbrowser support to see which javascript
features I may rely on and I read this: "Any web browser with cookies
enabled".

Are we really supporting all browsers with cookies enabled. like even
really old IE 5 or strange browsers such as Konqueror. Is this
information up to date or is this a bit dated.

By the way the libraries we are using aren't so generous with their
guarantees. jquery supports only the last two versions of Chrome,
Firefox, Safari and Opera and IE 6+ as seen on [0].

I think we should provide a more conservative estimate on what
browsers we support.

[0] http://jquery.com/browser-support/

--
Mohamed Ashraf