[Phpmyadmin-devel] Innodb and row exact count

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Jun 11 19:20:44 CEST 2013

Hi,

I don't find a winning solution so I'm seeking for advice. In this bug
report [0], we see that it's annoying to have incorrect page navigation
(page selector and arrows) for InnoDB.

However, when I apply my proposed patch (which forces an exact count in
sql.php), I see delays for larger InnoDB tables.

For example, on MySQL 5.5.31, the first time I browse a table having one
million rows, I wait for 9 seconds. I tried with 0.5 million and it was
about 5 seconds. A few minutes afterwards, even after closing the
browser, my big table starts to display in two seconds.

I tend to find these delays acceptable and I propose to apply my patch.

[0] https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/3976/