[Phpmyadmin-devel] Unit tests failing

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 18:27:51 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2013-06-15 11:20, Marc Delisle a écrit :
> > Le 2013-06-15 10:36, Ayush Chaudhary a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I recently merged with upstream. However, a lot of unit tests seem to be
> >> failing on my machine. All of the failures seem to be related to
> >> database. I do have a database named 'pma_test'. It seems I need to
> >> import some SQL and also, set me database authentication details
> somewhere.
> >>
> >> It would be great if someone could point out those settings
> (phpunit.xml?)
> >
> > Hi Ayush,
> > with current master, I also see failures (15) here.
> >
> > A while ago, I also reported tests failures (some of them seemingly
> > pointing to database not connecting) and I remember that someone
> > (Madhura?) replied that the tests should be able to run without any db
> > connection. It was another test failing that gave this impression.
> >

> Git bisect tells me that this commit is the one that produced 12 failures:
>

> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/0f4e573b1e0bcb743334e4818102b428bd023d2e
>
> Note that when bisecting, I marked as good other commits that were
> producing a smaller number of failures.
>
> Looks like the failures are due to some problems in backing up globals. I
made the commit
0f4e573b1e<https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/0f4e573b1e0bcb743334e4818102b428bd023d2e>
as
there should not be any need to manually backup and restore GLOBALS['dbi']
as backupGlobals directive is now active. Somehow failing to restore the
GLOBALS['dbi'] would result in other tests using the mocked database
interface leading to test failures related to database interface.

I will revert the commit until the cause of this is properly investigated.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne