[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2013 : Start of coding

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 21:15:58 CEST 2013

Dear GSoC 2013 students,

Tomorrow, Monday, June 17th 2013, GSoC 2013 really takes off.

By now you should be fully prepared to start coding : your Git repo and
blog are set up, you had contact with your mentor, you made a schedule and
you know what you will be working on the following 12 weeks and the next
week in particular, you got familiar with the code you will be working on
and you have discussed any issues with your mentor or on the developers'
mailing list [0].

I was pleased to see quite a lot of activity from you on the developers'
mailing list and on github : some of you even started coding.

I'd like to remind you that we expect you to publish a weekly report on
your blog, indicating your progress, any problems you might have had and
your plans for the following week. These reports are due on Monday of each
week at 12:00 (Noon) UTC.

So by tomorrow there should be a first blogpost explaining what you will be
working on this week, and from then on, every week a report, so 13 reports
in total.

I'd also like to point out that, although you are working autonomously on
your project, we consider you a part of the phpMyAdmin community, on which
you can rely in case of problems and questions. So don't hesitate to ask
questions on the developers' mailing list [0], or contact your mentor or
one of the GSoC org admins [1] in case of a problem. The mentors are here
to help you and guide you, and they can do this best if you report any
problems early.

tldr;

Best of luck with your project and GSoC 2013! I'm sure this will be an
interesting experience for you. The phpMyAdmin community is looking forward
to your contributions during GSoC 2013 and beyond. Happy coding!

[0] phpmyadmin-devel at lists.sourceforge.net

[1] phpMyAdmin GSoC 2013 org admins : Michal Cihar (michal at cihar.com),
Dieter Adriaenssens (dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com)

Kind regards,