[Phpmyadmin-devel] Gsoc 2013

Dron Rathore dron.rathore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 02:16:14 CET 2013

Michael Cihar wrote:
>Anyway this really does not look like project for whole summer, try proposing something bigger or use some of our ideas.

Well that was the first idea. The second one is to develop a Web App
based on FireFox OS, as the apps can be run on any system who has
FireFox installed on it(even on Android). So the one I would like to
develop will have following features:
1. Multiple PMA instances e.g. one of xyz.com another of abc.com.
2. A local cache and Saving queries locally so if someone want to
retrieve something later(even without internet he/she can).
3. No need of css and js to be send through request as the app will
have them locally.
4. A sweet UI that give a real touch of pma.
5. The app will be a packaged App, so we will be able to trigger an
update when we want to do so.
It will be truly an Ajax based app, so we need to port new php codes
with the next version to make it working but we will be having a
support for later versions too.

For those who are not familiar with FireFox OS, its a Linux based OS
working on b2g(Boot to Gecko) project of mozilla. The app only require
FireFox 16 or newer to work. The new upcoming market for mobiles is
all set by Mozilla.
The apps have their own icon, there dedicated folder and prefs.

Regards
Dron Rathore