[Phpmyadmin-devel] Automatic testing

adam adam adamgsoc2013 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 10:34:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

I also spent some time to think about the functional test case as well. ( I
think this can be one part of the GSOC topic  Automatic testing as well.)

> How do you plan to automate the functional tests?
I think Selenium can cover Functional case as well. take index.php for
example, we can use Selenium to load the index.php, and check the page
element, such as <mainFrameset> and <frame_navigation>

in other word, we can use selenium to check Page element is loaded
correctly, I think this work is as important as Unit test.

other benefit, we can cover phpmyadmin can work well one GradeA browsers.
1. check the page is loaded correctly
2. check the page is working well on  GradeA browsers.
3. check the css/js is working well

> 5. check coding style compliance, with PHP_CodeSniffer    <---- I think we
> should do it before code-review

> I meant it to be part of the code reviewing. ;)

> 6. code review

> -> 6.a run UT & regression test on dev box

>best to test everything again after code reviewing and before commiting
and checking in code.

> 7  checkin code
> 8  check CI build result

totally agree, codesniffer can be one part of CI job, if the codesniffer
failed, the CI should failed as well.

thanks,

Adam