[Phpmyadmin-devel] Browsing an empty table

J. M. mynetx at live.de
Wed May 1 19:04:31 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

Hi,

I was training someone new to phpMyAdmin this morning and she was

surprised by the interface's behavior.

After Operations > Empty the table, the interface tries to browse the

table, then goes to the Structure page. She did not expect this.

Maybe, when browsing an empty table, we should avoid to go to Structure?

Sorry, I think I'm a bit confused. If I go in to a table's Operations tab and click the Empty button, I get a popup warning if I want to truncate the table. After pressing OK, I'm left on the Operations tab with a popup notification giving the results. At no point am I redirected to any other page. The behavior I'm seeing is what I would expect -- is yours behaving differently or am I misunderstanding the steps to reproduce?

 After the table is empty, go to the database structure page (tables list). In the row of the empty table, click the "Browse" link. You see the structure with a green message that the table is empty. (You may also click the grey "Browse" in the table menu.)

J.M.