[Phpmyadmin-devel] tabs greyed out but still working

xmujay at gmail.com xmujay at gmail.com
Mon May 6 15:18:15 CEST 2013

Hi,

In my opinion,
>Hi,
>
>when discussing [0], a question arose. When phpMyAdmin thinks that there
>are no rows, some tabs are greyed out. However they can still be clicked
>, because by the time the page has been displayed, another process might
>have written some rows to this table.

I am quite confusing about "another process might have written some rows to this table."
We can't assume that another process is doing something. TCP is stateless which means in current moments, the Table is empty.
so we should "2. grey out but not clickable" for current page

When user refreshes the page, they can see the data.

>But clickable greyed out tabs is confusing for some users. Let's decide
>about this (for 4.1):
>
>1. no longer grey out
>
>2. grey out but not clickable
>
>3. status quo