[Phpmyadmin-devel] Regarding Export plugin for sql

ayush choubey ayush.choubey at gmail.com
Wed May 15 02:12:21 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2013-05-13 19:24, ayush choubey a écrit :
> > There were a couple of things that i wanted to know
> >
> > 1) I was going through the this feature request
> > https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1387/
> >
> > and i too wasn't able to figure out how to change database name. Has
> > that feature been implemented
>
> Click on the database, then Operations. You'll find a dialog to rename
> the database.

Well, i was thinking of adding a "export as" feature there for this Feature
request
that will take a name and thus generated sql file will have that exported
database name.
But i guess renaming it is better option.

> > 2) while exporting the database there is no create database sql statement
> >
> > for example :
> >
> > there is a db called test with certain number of tables. I selected the
> > database, clicked on export, clicked custom and exported it.
> >
> > However only the tables were exported. There were no create statement
> >
> > Shouldn't the entire database be exported with create database
> > statement? Is this a bug or was this not implemented intentionally
>
> I guess nobody ever felt the need for this. The CREATE DATABASE
> statement is generated when you export at the server level.

We have hierarchy in this fashion
Server->Database->tables

Now when we have to export a table, we click on export and we expect that
there will
be a CREATE TABLE statement and INSERT statement

But when we have to export a server there are just CREATE TABLE statements
and
INSERT STATEMENTS.

So, in case the user wants to export a DB named test and his target machine
has no test.
In this case he would like sql file to have CREATE DATABASE test followed
by tables

To achieve this he will have to go to :

server level -> click on export->select custom->select test-> export->Go

If we add one CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS at database export level, then
his steps would be
Select test->export->Go
>From the user point of view, i guess, this will be much more preferred as
it has less number