[Phpmyadmin-devel] Double-checking a commit

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Thu May 16 22:31:34 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
> > Hi, I just merged the pull request for AES_ENCRYPT [1], which required a
> > little bit of manual work to complete the merge. I thought everything
> went
> > well, except the commit history [2] looks strange to me. Would someone
> mind
> > double-checking that I didn't inadvertently do something wrong? I pretty
> > much followed the GitHub instructions, but this is the first time I've
> done
> > a merge where I committed back to the project repository rather than my
> > private one, so I'm a bit extra cautious.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > 1 - https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/290
> > 2 -
> >
> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/8fbad56812f0b5b0730b07961c7db329bdef9dae
>
> Hi Isaac,
> indeed it looks strange. I would say that you merged master into his
> feature branch before merging back to master.

Thanks. In the interest of not making this worse, I think the right thing
to do is git revert 16febdb. That will take me back to the last commit
before my mistake, "There should be message variable as well". Then I have
to commit and push that revert. Then I can redo the ayusun merge correctly.
I just want to make positively sure that I do the revert correctly.