[Phpmyadmin-devel] Any special reason that "require" but not "require _once" on libraries/common.inc.php

adam adamgsoc2013 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 19:08:28 CEST 2013

HI,

>Dne Fri, 17 May 2013 22:30:03 +0800
>adam <adamgsoc2013 at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
>> I agree with you about that. But I don't know why the file libraries/common.inc.php use "require" but not "require _once". this file will be used frequently, so use "require _once" is better.
>> I was thinking that there must be some special reason.
>
>It is normally included just once, so there is no reason to check
>this. However with testsuite this gets more complicated...
>
>The original motivation for using just require instead of require_once
>was performance, because require_once was pretty inefficient before some
>of the more recent versions of PHP.

Thanks Michal. I agree with you that using "require" is for performance. and it is working for most cases.
On our page (server_status.php),  It is working well, so it is not a problem here.
require_once 'libraries/common.inc.php';
require_once 'libraries/server_common.inc.php';
require_once 'libraries/ServerStatusData.class.php';

but you also mentioned that "However with testsuite this gets more complicated...".  I think there must be somewhere include the file:  'libraries/common.inc.php'
so the testing of pages which include  'libraries/common.inc.php'; will fail due to require_once issue.

I will dig into this issue deeper. thanks

Adam