[Phpmyadmin-devel] test case requires libraries/common.inc.php

adam adamgsoc2013 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 05:30:19 CEST 2013

Hi Michal,

>Dne Fri, 17 May 2013 22:30:03 +0800
>adam <adamgsoc2013 at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
>> I agree with you about that. But I don't know why the file libraries/common.inc.php use "require" but not "require _once". this file will be used frequently, so use "require _once" is better.
>> I was thinking that there must be some special reason.
>
>It is normally included just once, so there is no reason to check
>this. However with testsuite this gets more complicated...

Is there some tips that we can overcome the "Redefine error" in order to add test case for some classes requires libraries/common.inc.php
https://travis-ci.org/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/jobs/7223416

https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/394

I think I should have more investigations into it.

>The original motivation for using just require instead of require_once
>was performance, because require_once was pretty inefficient before some
>of the more recent versions of PHP.

Adam