[Phpmyadmin-devel] Configuration Storage not configured message appears too often

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 23:44:21 CET 2013

I'm not sure if this is an intentional feature, but to me it seems
like something that should be improved. I removed all the lines about
the configuration storage from my config.inc.php then load my PMA
instance. I see the warning message that my configuration storage is
not completely configured. I don't recall a way to disable the display
of the message (for instance, setting VerboseCheck = false still gives
the message). I've encountered a user who doesn't have the tables
created, has no need of them, and wishes the message could be hidden,
which seems reasonable to me.

To me, it seems the check should only be done if the pmadb directive
is set. I understand wanting to notify the user that there are more
advanced features they can use, but not at the cost of displaying a
warning message in this instance.

Any other thoughts about this?

Thanks