[Phpmyadmin-devel] about ErrorReporting and SendErrorReports

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 01:37:34 CET 2013

On Monday, November 18, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Hi Mohamed,
>
> Why do we need two configuration directives? I guess that instead of
> verifying whether ErrorReporting is true, we could just verify whether
> SendErrorReports is different than 'never' to load the js files.
>
> If you confirm my suggestion, I'll make the changes.

One was actually meant for the hoster of the phpmyadmin installation and one for the user. If you donot want the phpmyadmin deployer to have control over it you can remove it.

I just thought this is a new system and if a fatal bug is not caught before a release we need to have an easy way for a deployer using that release to disable it.

Or if for whatever reason the data is secretive enough that he diesnt want it on our publc servers if he doesnt trust it is anonymous enough.